WELCOME

WELCOME

Ram Charan: Not expecting too much from 'Zanjeer'

Ram Charan Teja, who was apprehensive to step into the shoes of megastar Amitabh Bachchan in the remake of 1973 superhit 'Zanjeer', says he is not expecting too much from the movie.
Ram hopes he gets 10 per cent of what Bachchan got from this film.
"I don't expect too much. It was intimidating, to get into role of Big B for this film. There was a bit of pressure and it was difficult to handle. In a way when you take up a film like this, certain amount of pressure should be there as it makes you more serious, disciplined and responsible. It worked to my advantage," Ram said. 
Amitabh's role as Vijay Khanna, an aggressive cop, acquired cult status and established him as the angry young man of Bollywood, giving him his first blockbuster. 
The Telugu actor also happened to meet the 70-year-old superstar on the first day of his shoot for the film, helmed by Apoorva Lakhia.
"It was a coincidence that I happened to meet him (Bachchan) on the first day... As we were shooting in the same location. I was quite scared as I was playing his character. I had no clue how he would react, but he was calm and cool," said Ram.
"Those blessings gave us energy to perform better. I did not ask for any suggestions or ideas. I wish he could have given some but he is not that kind of a person sharing his knowledge. He wished good luck," the 28-year-old added. 
There were reports that 'Zanjeer' is facing some issues in Telangana. But the actor rubbishes it all. 
"We are all set... Everything is fine. There is a bit of anguish in the state. But we hope things get resolved soon but I don't think it will affect the release."
My father kept me grounded, says Ram Charan
Ram Charan, son of superstar Chiranjeevi, said his upbringing has been very grounded and he wasn't allowed to watch movies or read film magazines as a child.
"I was brought up as a normal kid. He (Chiranjeevi) used to keep us away from films... No film magazines were allowed at home, no movie watching," Ram told PTI in an interview here.
"I used to rarely go on film sets as I felt it was very boring to see the same shot being done so many times. I felt I had nothing to do. I used to irritate the cameramen. Heroines were too old for me to even make a conversation. I used to get bored on films sets," he said.
He was 18 when Ram realised that he should take up acting as a career.
"I realised the opportunity I had at my door step. I wanted to take this opportunity to next level," he said. 
On being a superstar's son
On being the son of a superstar, Ram feels it has its share of advantages and disadvantages.
"I love shopping but I can't go out, I love going to restaurants and eating out with friends. So a bit of private life is taken away. Your responsibility increases, there is pressure as anything you do attracts media and it is scary at times," he said.
"But to some extent it has worked in my favour as I have become more positive, more responsible. The disadvantages later turned into advantages. It is like adapting to the situation," he added.
"It is not in midway that I was introduced as his son... I was born in that family. So I don't know the difference between born as an actor's son and not being an actor's son. I never knew whether it was good or bad," he said.
Meanwhile, his father seems to be excited about his son's debut in Bollywood.
"There was a special screening held recently... Our director Apoorva Lakhia went with a paper and pen to take notes to re-do or edit things... My dad said don't do anything. He felt its crisp, perfect. It was encouraging for all of us. It was the most memorable moment of my life," he said.
'Zanjeer' starring Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt and Prakash Raj will hit theaters on September 6.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By BSMOVIE · Designed By SATISH